A B O U T
Welcome to crystal_colors! This community was largely inspired by m_c_contest. Like m_c_contest, the object is to color manga competitively. The difference is instead of spending a month on an entire page, a specific panel is given and everybody colors it within a week.
R U L E S
- Your coloring may only be of the image provided.
- You may not crop your coloring, but you may use textures and brushes. No animation.
- You may not add text, and you may not take away text already present. This includes SFX or other japanese characters.
- You may remove screentone and backgrounds.
- Although a reference is provided, you are not required to use the colors in that image, although it is suggested you use similar colors to accurately portray the character.
- You are not required to credit any resources that you may use, but to do so is courteous.
- Your coloring must not be shared with anyone else.
- Please submit in a link. Do not use the img src tag.
- You are only allowed to submit 1 coloring.
- If no one submits, no one at all, that week will be disbanded and a new one started. Submissions will only be extended if 1 or 2 people enter.
- You are not allowed to vote for your own coloring.
- Vote based on technical skill - do not vote strategically or convince your friends to vote for you.
- Comments are not obligatory, but I encourage everybody to write at least a few, they really help colorists learn! If you do want to leave a comment, I recommend reading this tutorial, it's very helpful. (When results are posted, so will the comments. Comments will remain anonymous, but please be polite.)
- Mod breaks ties.
- If there are less than 3 entries, the submissions will be extended.
- If there are 3 entries, there will only be a first place.
-If there are 5 entries there will be a first and a second place.
- If there are 10 entries there will be a first, second, and third.
- There are no Special Categories or Mod's Choice.
Official Affiliated Banner-making Community
Want to affiliate? Head on over to THIS post.
P R O M O T E
We would greatly appreciate if you advertised for us! All you have to do is copy and paste the code below.
C R E D I T S
Banner by miszxbrii
Stylesheet by refuted